New Beginnings GSP Rescue is based in Monrovia, MD, however, all of our dogs are fostered in private homes!
WE DO NOT HAVE A KENNEL FACILITY IN MONROVIA, MD for you to visit and meet the dogs.
Rescue volunteer hours:
Monday Friday 9am to 6pm
Saturday 10am to 4pm
If you want to give your dog the best and healthiest life possible and are open to an ALTERNATIVE/HOLISTIC approach to dog rearing, you’ve come to the right place!!
If you are open to this approach, please fill out the application.
You will receive a confirmation email from us with links we request that you read. Please read it!
If you are not open to this alternative approach, we are not the rescue for you.
Although we are a German Shorthaired Pointer rescue we will, from time to time, have other dogs available as the need arises. The following requirements apply to all dogs we adopt.
- PHYSICAL FENCING is always a requirement!!
(We do not adopt to homes without fencing, or with electric/underground fencing so please DO NOT ASK FOR SPECIAL CONSIDERATION).
- We do not adopt dogs into homes with children 6 years or younger.
- Out-of-State Adoptors: We only adopt out within the Eastern Time Zone.
- We do NOT adopt outside of the USA. International laws make contracts too difficult for our non-profit organization to navigate. We will adopt out as far as the adoptor is willing to drive.
Our Adoption Process consists of the following steps:
- Vet Check
- Home Check
- Final Approval and Contract Signing
1-2. Application & Fee: The first step in an adoption with New Beginnings GSP Rescue is to complete an Adoption Application and pay the $10 non-refundable application fee.
Once your application and payment have been received, we will review your application. Next, one of our rescue volunteers may contact you via phone or email if additional information is needed. That can take up to several days to a couple of weeks! We receive many applications so PLEASE be patient with us as we are an all-volunteer organization. You must be 21 years of age to adopt from this organization.
3. Vet Check: We will contact your veterinarian in regards to your pet’s history with routine health care and overall responsibility with pet ownership. In most cases, your veterinarian will require your permission to release the information that we need. Please call them ahead of time to give your permission for them to speak with us. We do not have time to contact you if you have failed to do this. We will not move forward with your application!
4. Home Check: If you receive a phone interview and both the interview and vet check are acceptable, the next step in the process is to arrange a date and time for a volunteer to come to your home to perform a home visit. In the event a home check is unable to be done, we may ask for pictures of the home and yard/fence area.
5. Meet-and-Greet: Our dogs are fostered in private homes in different states. If the dog is fostered in Maryland, a Meet-and-Greet is required. The potential adopters (this includes everyone living in the home) must come to the foster home housing the dog. If the dog is fostered out of state (Maryland) a Meet-and-Greet can be arranged if the potential adopter is willing to travel to the foster’s home. This does not mean you will go home with the dog that day.
6. Final Approval: After steps 1-5 have been completed, you will be notified of your final approval. A time and date will be set for the signing, payment, and pick-up of your new family member! The foster parent makes the final decision for adoption.
The length of time the adoption approval process may take can vary on the schedules and availability of the volunteers and the applicant. PLEASE BE PATIENT!
Adoption fees for our dogs are:
8 wks to 5 years old $400.00
6 to 8 years old $350.00
9 to 10 years old $200.00
11+ years Donation!