First and foremost, we are a Holistic/Alternative rescue and adhere to a whole dog approach to dog rearing, food and care. We support a Holistic approach to flea and tick prevention and appropriate vaccination for our animals through the use of Titer testing. We do NOT subscribe to mainstream views on chemical flea and tick prevention or the over vaccination of dogs that too many veterinarians condone as ‘safe’.
New Beginnings GSP Rescue is based in Monrovia, MD, however, all of our dogs are fostered in private homes! WE DO NOT HAVE A KENNEL FACILITY IN MONROVIA, MD for you to visit and meet the dogs.
Rescue volunteer hours:
Monday Friday 9am to 6pm
Saturday 10am to 4pm
Although we are a Pointer rescue we will, from time to time, have other dogs available as the need arises. The following requirements apply to all dogs we adopt.
- PHYSICAL FENCING is a requirement!!
(We do not adopt to homes without fencing, or with electric/underground fencing).
- We do not adopt dogs into homes with children 6 years or younger.
- Out Of State Adoptors:
We only adopt out within the Eastern Time Zone. We also strictly adhere to the following guidelines listed below.
- We do NOT adopt outside of the USA. International laws make contracts too difficult for our non-profit organization to navigate. We will adopt out as far as the adoptor is willing to drive.
Our Adoption Process consists of the following steps:
- Vet Check
- Home Check
- Final Approval and Contract Signing
1-2. Application & Fee: The first step in an adoption with New Beginnings GSP Rescue is to complete an Adoption Application and pay the $10 non-refundable application fee.
Once your application and payment have been received, we will review your application. Next, one of our rescue volunteers will contact you via phone or email, that can take up to several days to a couple of weeks! We receive many applications so PLEASE be patient with us as we are an all volunteer organization. You must be 21 years of age to adopt from this organization.
3. Vet Check: We will contact your veterinarian in regards to your pet’s history with routine health care and overall responsibility with pet ownership. In some cases, your veterinarian will require your permission to release the information that we need. Please call them ahead of time to give your permission for them to speak with us. We do not have time to contact you if you have failed to do this. We will not move forward with your application!
4. Home Check: If the phone interview and vet check are acceptable, the next step in the process is to arrange a date and time for a volunteer to come to your home to perform a home visit. If the applicant lives in a rural location we may ask for pictures of the home and yard/fence area.
5. Meet-and-Greet: If the home check is satisfactory, a meet-and-greet with the potential dog(s) is required. The potential adoptors (this includes everyone living in the home) must come to the foster home housing the dog. This step is intended to make sure there is the potential for a bond, by both the potential adoptors and the dog. This does not mean you will go home with the dog that day.
6. Final Approval: After all of the previously described steps have been completed, you will be notified of your final approval. A time and date will be set for the signing, payment, and pick-up of your new family member! The foster parent makes the final decision for adoption.
The length of time the adoption approval process may take can vary on the schedules and availability of the volunteers and the applicant. PLEASE BE PATIENT!
Adoption fees for our dogs are:
8 wks to 3 years old $400.00
4 to 6 years old $375.00
7 to 8 years old $325.00
9 to 10 years old $225.00
11+ years Donation!